- Law Offices of Maxwell Charles Livingston
- 200 South Executive Drive, Suite 101
Does a quit claim need to notarized by a notary in the state in which the property is located?
In the state of Wisconsin, a notarial act upon a Wisconsin Real Estate Deed, by a notary from another state is sufficiently enforceable in the State of Wisconsin. That is, assuming the notary is any of the following:
“1. A notary public of that jurisdiction;
2. A judge, clerk, or deputy clerk of a court of that jurisdiction; or
3. Any other person…” so authorized.
This is spelled out in Wisconsin Statutes Section 706.07(4). Also, subpart (7) of 706.07 spells out appropriate certificates of notary, and (8) spells out appropriate short-form.
If you would like to discuss this quitclaim further, or make sure you have followed the code requirements, I welcome you to come in for a consultation.
- My Name
- Maxwell Charles Livinston